*** My Thought of the Day***
In light of the recent events that are being circulated in the media and all over the web (The Zimmerman case). In order to stop violence in the Black Community, we must educate our Black Community. Most violence in our community is Black on Black crime.
If we want to be treated as equals, we must stop behaving like thugs and animals. Respect is earned, not given. If it walks like a duck……… How can we expect anyone to see the Black Community as anything respectable when we don’t care enough about ourselves to act responsible or civil???
Black folks, this starts at home. Educate your children, teach them that there is more to life than drug dealing, stealing, violence, and rapping. Take them to church and encourage them to stay in school, bring good morals into your homes, and set a good example for our children. Teach them self-respect and personal responsibility. Stop instilling failure from the get go.
Once this begins to happen, the rest will fall into place!!!!!!
P.S. Black folk, for those of you who wish to remain ignorant and act a fool…… You’re only making it harder for those who choose to do better for themselves and the Black Community as a whole. I refuse to be taken down with you, so SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT!!!!!! Planes and boats leave the United States to Africa everyday!!! 🙂 Call me self hating if you want to, but I will take being called a Race Trader, Aunt Jemima, Uncle Tom, Graham Cracker, Oreo, or any other derogatory term that people like to throw at me better than being called Ignorant, Uncivil, Uneducated, or a Thug………..
- The black community’s accountability (thehill.com)
- Black Folks We Are In A State Of Emergency When It Comes To Education, Murder And Racism To Name A Few. I Am Tired Of The Call To Action After The Tragedy Has Occurred (curmilus.wordpress.com)
- Jesse Jackson Thinks Black Americans Are Under Attack (theroycroftreport.com)
- Selective Racial Moral Outrage (brianscottthomas.wordpress.com)
- jamilah king: trayvon martin and the deadly legacy of vigilantism (blkcowrie.wordpress.com)
- Black Community Spotlight: Gary Hines (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Black Community Spotlight: Shara Dae (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Black Community Spotlight: Tyrone Smith (pinkbananaworld.com)
Posted on March 24, 2012, in Black Community, Conservative and tagged Africa, African American, Black people, Graham Cracker, Oreo, Race and crime in the United States, Uncle Tom, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.